Tips and Tricks - How To Prepare GATE-2018 Exam
GATE Coaching Eii
Engineers Institute of India provides perfect tips and tricks to clear GATE-2018 Exam in first attempt.
• Identify your strengths. Refer to the detailed syllabus and analyze your subject knowledge. Apply for one branch at a time if you are doubtful of your readiness. This will decrease the stress quotient and help you to prepare with concentration.
• List out the topics of the subject of your choice and prepare a schedule which includes what is to be covered. Discipline is necessary to stick to a plan of action. Set the time aside every single day. This will do wonders for spreading the stress of prepping over an extended period. It will also give you a sense of achievement: this is very satisfying, you will see!
• It is not only important to know what to study, but also to know what NOT to waste precious time on. Previous years’ papers are one way to gain good insight. If you want a sure fire no-guesses method, an experienced trainer can put you through the right paces and get you to the right places.
• The GATE tests concepts in depth and so preparation must aim towards a clear and deep understanding. Just skimming over in the hope of a quick-fix to a quick-finish is being foolishly unrealistic.
• All questions do not carry equal marks. Judging what is important or ‘weightier’ is not easy. An experienced trainer can guide you in optimizing scoring vis-à-vis time.
• When you feel that you have a good understanding of your subject, start the testing. Work on previous years’ papers. There are SO MANY on the internet today that you might land up with a lot of unsuitable and inconsequential material. So BEWARE! Don’t waste precious hours on generalized question papers which are passed off as GATE material.
• Make short notes as you progress. Formulae, concepts, principles, laws, etc. can be encapsulated for a quick run-through as the exam date gets nearer and the prep gets hotter! There’s no point of scrambled notes that you’ll have to spend hours searching through. Use a notebook and neat notations.
These are a few tips. As for the TRICKS, you should know that an experienced training institute with the most talented faculty can bless you with the cutting edge you need to crack GATE. Here’s how you can reap the benefits of power-packed coaching:
• Learn shortcuts which will help you save time.
• Learn ‘tricks’ that will fix solutions in your memory
• EBooks and video lessons that will give you deep subject knowledge
• Discussions with trainers and peers, which will give you a better understanding of how to tackle GATE
• Mock tests that will give you a feel of how the actual exam will be. They will also make you understand what your strengths are and work towards correcting your shortcomings. You will be so exam-ready that you can sail through GATE 2018 with cool confidence.
Does this make you more ready to go GATE- crashing? Get going!